Three Tasty Recipes: A Reishi Mushroom Recipe for Whatever Mood You’re In
Reishi mushroom has a deliciously bitter taste that is comparable with dark chocolate. All of you true chocolate lovers: get on the reishi mushroom game! Reishi’s bitter taste comes from its triterpenes, which support many functions in the body including inflammation, brain health and the nervous and immune systems. At Mushroom Revival, we love to use reishi mushroom for sleep and as an overall daily support tonic – encouraging longevity! Read on for a yummy and nourishing reishi mushroom recipe that fits your taste!
Reishi Snickers Bites
- 12 pitted dates
- 48 almonds
- 1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 servings powdered reishi extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the pitted dates in half, and place them on the parchment paper, hole side up.
- Place two almonds in each date half.
- Heat the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 10 second increments, stirring after each increment. Once the chocolate is mostly melted, add in the reishi powder, coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp of chocolate mixture over each date and top with a sprinkle of sea salt, if desired.
- Let cool and enjoy, or refrigerate!
Sleep-Soothing Reishi Truffles
- ½ cup of milk (your choice if nut, oat or cow)
- 8 servings of powdered reishi extract
- 12 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- Zest of one orange
- 2 Tbsps dark cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsps hemp seeds
- Sea salt (optional)
- Heat your choice of milk over medium-low heat until simmering. Remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl, whisking in reishi powder, and an optional pinch of sea salt.
- Add in chocolate and orange zest. Stir until chocolate has melted, then refrigerate until slightly firm, for about an hour.
- Combine hemp seeds, cocoa powder and optional pinch of salt in a shallow dish with a tight lid.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the refrigerated mixture at a time into a truffle form, dropping it into the cocoa combination and shaking gently to coat. Do this with each scoop, totaling to about 30 truffles, depending on size.
- Enjoy immediately or cover and refrigerate!
Reishi Mushroom Chai Latte
- 2 tsp ground reishi mushroom powder
- 4 or 5 slices astragalus root
- 4 cups pure water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp dried orange peel
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp peppercorns
- 3 star anise
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Milk of your choice
- Put reishi powder, astragalus root and water in a pot and bring to just under a boil. Cover and keep hot for at least 30 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except for milk, and steep on very low heat for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and add in vanilla extract, if desired.
- Strain into teapot and add honey or other sweetener if desired and pour into a cup. Stir in milk of your choice.
Reishi Mushroom at Mushroom Revival
Here at Mushroom Revival, we use reishi mushroom powder in our Mush 10 powder, which would be a great substitute in any of these recipes for more whole system health benefits. Check out our video on How to Make Reishi Tea and dive deeper into the wonderful benefits of this mushroom! We plant a tree with each product sold – support your health and the health of the planet with your purchase. Spread the spores and create your own revival story, mush love!